Tuesday, December 4, 2012

30 Day Passion Challenge Day 2 & Day 3

The 30 Day Passion Challenge is well underway.  We are currently discussing the impact of education and work experience on passion.  Each participant has been asked to really explore these two areas.  This is a great exercise to understand how your educational background and work experience influences your passion. 

Oftentimes, my educational choices were driven by passion.  Ironically, my work history was either guided by my passion or used to provide the necessary tools and/or skills to implement my passion more effectively.

For instance, my first glimpse of entrepreneurship was under the tutelage of Alean Biles.  She was a State Farm Agent under a new agency program created to develop independent agents. The agents were licensed to sell State Farm products, but they independently ran their own office.  My job was to develop new business, but I learned a lifetime of skills from Alean Biles.  After this position, I knew I wanted to dive into entrepreneurship!

This discovery process is meant to be fun and enlightening.  Enjoy the ride!!

Lasonda~

No comments:

Post a Comment